It promotes weight loss, lowers cholesterol, improves memory and causes sexual desire … 10 real reasons to eat avocado.
Botanical features of avocado
(persea americana), family “laurel” — lauraceae
The avocado tree is an evergreen, with a straight, branchy stem, up to 18 m high. Oval foliage reaches a length of 25 cm and falls year-round. The fruit measures up to 10 cm, is pear-shaped or spherical in shape, and its weight varies from 50 g to 0.5 kg. The ripened fruit has a pleasant dark green color. The flesh is green or yellow green, in its center is a large seed.
The tree grows in tropical and subtropical zones in the USA, Brazil, Africa, and Israel. Its homeland is considered Mexico and Central America. There are about 400 varieties of avocado.
The Aztecs called the avocado “egg”. “Alligator pear” is another common name for the fruit.
Benefits and application of avocado
Avocado fruit is the most fat-containing fruit, not counting coconut. The fruit’s composition consists of mostly its fatty flesh – it is useful and made up of easily digestible monounsaturated fatty acids. This fruit is hardly dietary – 100 grams contains 210 kilocalories. It is unlikely that you can lose weight, but you will get a killer dose of beneficial vitamins – guaranteed.
- Fat – up to 30 g;
- Protein – 1.6 g;
- Vitamin K – 14,6 mg;
- Dietary fiber – 3.65 mg;
- Potassium – 437.27 mg;
- Folic acid salts – 45.19 µg;
- Vitamin B6 – 0.2 mg;
- Vitamin C – 5.77 mg;
- Copper – 0.19 mg;
- Calories – 118 kcal.
Indications for use: Diseases of the digestive tract, anemia, diabetes mellitus, atherosclerosis, hypertension, high cholesterol, skin diseases, and enteritis.
Contraindications: Individual intolerance to avocado oil, allergy to citrus/latex.
Cosmetology: The rich content of vitamins and microelements in the fruit solves many problems in the beauty industry. Masks, creams, shampoos and balms are made on the foundation of avocado oil . Cosmetics with avocado oil prevent premature aging of the skin, removes age spots, and smooths wrinkles. Creams deeply moisturize the skin, regenerate damaged cells, and normalize oxygen metabolism as well as blood circulation.
10 reasons to eat avocado
- Removes cholesterol from the body;
- Normalizes blood pressure;
- Protects against fungal skin diseases;
- Minimizes the development of cardiovascular diseases;
- Increases the potency (only for men);
- Antioxidant effect;
- Rejuvenates and smooths wrinkles;
- Strengthens bones, nails, teeth and hair;
- Increases the body’s resistance to viruses;
- Heals the liver;
Health recipe with avocado
When experiencing enterocolitis, diarrhea, colitis and dysentery drink an infusion of avocado leaves. To do this, mix 1 tbsp. of leaves with 1.5 cups of water, boil for 8-10 minutes, steep and strain. Drink half a cup (warm), half an hour before meals 3-4 times a day. Duration of treatment – 2-3 weeks, depending on the speed of the effect.
ATTENTION! Self-medication can be dangerous. Before use, you should consult with your doctor.
Interesting facts about avocado
- Chopped avocados are rapidly oxidized in air because, like in apples, it has a high iron content;
- Different types of avocado differ in appearance and have a different taste;
- This controversy has lasted a long time: is avocado a fruit or a vegetable? The chemical composition of the avocado has more to do with vegetables, but still it is a fruit;
- Only mature fruits need to be plucked, but unfortunately, this is sometimes neglected; we get unripe fruits, respectively, and the taste is different;